Our registered office (Company Registration No: 03241721, Charity Registration No: 1059246) is located at:
The Wildside Activity Centre, Hordern Road, Whitmore Reans, Wolverhampton. WV6 0HA.
The General Data Protection Regulation states explicitly that people have rights about data that refers to them. These rights are:-
- Access to their data. The right of a person to see what we hold about them and how we use the data.
- Be informed about the use of their data. The right of a person to understand what we do with their data before we capture it.
- Rectification of their data. The right of a person to have personal data amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Erasure of their data. The right of a person to ‘be forgotten’ if there is no compelling reason for us to keep their data.
- Restrict Processing of their data. The right of a person to block or suppress the processing of their data. In this case personal data may be stored but not processed – this means it is not used for any purpose other than recording that the person exists.
- Portability of their data. This refers to electronic data and the ability of a person to request their data to be passed or not between computer systems or applications.
- Objections about the use of their data. The right of a person to object to the use of their data for our normal processing – for example, profiling or marketing.
- Automated decision making using their data. The right of a person to object to their data being used within any system that makes an automated decision without human intervention where the outcome would have a direct impact on the person. We don’t have any automated systems so this is not relevant to Wildside.
In simple terms this means the following:-
- Wildside will only collect data that is necessary to fulfil our normal activities
- Wildside will only store data (manually or electronically) for as short a time as we absolutely need to
- Wildside will respond to a person’s request relating to any of the GDPR points above
- Wildside will hold your data securely (password protected computer environments and locked cabinets)
We collect and process the personal data that you may provide as part of booking events,membership or donation forms, e-newsletter sign-ups and visitor surveys. We will store your information for up to 2 years and then delete it unless we are required to keep it for longer by a relevant authority (for example, if it is a requirement of a grant made to Wildside).
Personal information we collect may include:-
- your full name and title
- your date of birth
- your postal address
- your email address
- your telephone number(s)
- your current interests and activities relating to what we do at Wildside
We will also collect and hold information about any contact you have with us as a visitor, donor or supporter of Wildside, which may include details of:
- ticket purchases and event attendance
- contact preferences
- donor and gift information, including payment details and Gift Aid status where applicable
- details of correspondence sent to you, or received from you
- any other information which you have provided at the request of Wildside.
Depending on your relationship with Wildside, and the preferences you have indicated, data we hold may be used by us to send you promotional, marketing or fundraising information by post, telephone or e-mail. When we ask you to provide your personal information we will let you know why we are asking, and how we will use your data, by directing you towards this notice.
These types of communications may include:
- informing you of services or events at or related to Wildside.
- news and updates about Wildside and marketing or supporter e-newsletters.
- information on our fundraising operations, including occasional targeted requests to consider giving financial support to Wildside, or to ask you to consider supporting us in other ways.
- other relevant communications based upon your relationship with Wildside.
We understand that your personal information and privacy are very important to you and we will make every effort to ensure that the information you share with us is recorded accurately, retained securely and used only according to your wishes.
We will protect your personal information and adhere to all current data protection legislation with respect to protecting your privacy. We do not give out, sell or trade our mailing list data with third parties.
This policy statement was last updated in February 2018.